Industry Report: Europa Distribution discusses availability and visibility of European films on VoD platforms at San Sebastián
Cine Sin Fronteras: European Films in Latin America
- Cineuropa met with six Cine Sin Fronteras participants from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Colombia, who related their experiences distributing European titles in Latin America.
After a first meeting in February, which ended with the signing of Tlatelolco Agreement (see news), the second part of Cine Sin Fronteras was held from March 23-25 during the Rencontres des Cinémas d'Amérique Latine de Toulouse.
Exhibitors and distributors from Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Uruguay convened and formalised the wish to create a Pan-American association: the Latin American Federation of Exhibitors and Distributors of Independent Cinema (Felcine).
With the intent of creating events that from 2010 will screen European films in Latin America and Latin American films in Europe, Felcine has been set up with five main objectives:
* to create a large network, currently formed by 36 cinemas, which will shortly include new members (cinemas, distributors) and new countries (Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guyana, Guatemala, Bolivia);
* to promote the principals of the Tlatelolco Agreement;
* to organise regular meetings in order to share information and experience;
* to find solutions to new challenges (digital cinema, VoD);
* to build strategic alliances with Latin American and European partners who share the same underlying goals.
Cineuropa met with six Cine Sin Fronteras participants from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Colombia, who related their experiences distributing European titles in Latin America.
Did you enjoy reading this article? Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive more stories like this directly in your inbox.