RE-ACT unveils its first workshop participants
- The RE-ACT workshop is an innovative co-development and training initiative launched last year by Croatian Audiovisual Centre, FVG Audiovisual Fund and Slovenian Film Centre
Representatives of Croatian Audiovisual Centre, Friuli Venezia Giulia Audiovisual Fund and Slovenian Film Centre unveiled today the first participants of RE-ACT workshop that will take place in Motovun, Croatia from 21 to 24 July.
RE-ACT's development workshop, that will take place every year from 2015 till 2017 alongside the TorinoFilmLab international FrameWork programme, will give six creative teams from FVG, Slovenia and Croatia an opportunity to develop their projects in individual meetings with TFL and RE-ACT experts/tutors, to work in group sessions and participate in FrameWork’s plenary sessions, and to take part in a tailor-made networking platform and present their projects to possible co-producing partners and film funds’ representatives.
This year, six creative teams will work under group leader Stefano Tealdi, documentary tutor Rada Šešić, as well as various TorinoFilmLab experts.
Out of 18 projects submitted for the first RE-ACT Workshop, the following 6 were selected:
1. The Lost Dream Team; writer/director: Jure Pavlović, producers: Jure Pavlović and Luka Venturin; Croatia, documentary
2. The Tales of the Wind; writer/director: Zdenko Bašić, producer: Maja Pek; Croatia, fiction
3. The Grain of Corn; writer/director: Boris Palčič, producer: Branimir Srdić; Slovenia, fiction
4. Island; writers: Miha Čelar & Mate Dolenc, director: Miha Čelar, producers: Miha Čelar & Nenad Puhovski; Slovenia, cross-media documentary
5. 1917, The Year of Mutinees, writer/director: Mauro Tonini, producer: Omar Soffici; Italy, documentary
6. The Man Without Guilt, writer/director: Ivan Gergolet, producer: Igor Prinčič; Italy, fiction
Also, representatives of RE-ACT announced that call for entries for RE-ACT Development Fundwill open in September 2015. The co-development funding scheme is intended for filmmakers and producers who wish to co-develop feature length films (fiction, documentary, animation and experimental) that either thematically link territories of Croatia, Friuli Venezia Giulia (IT) and Slovenia, and have development support from at least one of the member funds already in place and at least two countries/producers from the member countries already on board.
RE-ACT (Regional Audiovisual Cooperation and Training) is a transregional initiative set by Croatian Audiovisual Centre, FVG Audiovisual Fund and Slovenian Film Centre and launched last year. Aside from specifically targeted training programmes taking place alongside the annual international Framework workshop of the TorinoFilmLab, the project consists of an innovative combination of co-development funding scheme for feature-length projects.
More informations about RE-ACT can be found here.
Did you enjoy reading this article? Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive more stories like this directly in your inbox.