DAFilms launches Films for Italy programme to support Lombardy hospitals
- The documentary streaming platform has teamed up with non-profit organisation Emergency to donate part of the proceeds from a selection of Italian documentaries to hospitals in Lombardy
DAFilms, the international online distribution platform for documentary and experimental films, has announced its special curated programme Films for Italy, consisting of 20 Italian short and feature-length documentary films. 40% of the proceeds from every purchase will go to support hospitals in Lombardy, in collaboration with the non-profit organisation Emergency, and the remaining 60%, as is the case with all of the titles on the platform, is paid to the film’s copyright holders – thus also supporting Italian filmmakers.
"Italy is now facing one of the worst impacts of the current global pandemic. Since its inception, DAFilms has been an international platform that links countries and continents together through film. And this is one of the reasons why we want to support Italy during this crisis," DAFilms says in its press release.
The selection includes The Stand-in [+see also:
interview: Rä di Martino
film profile] by Rä di Martino, Bozzetto non troppo [+see also:
film profile] by Marco Bonfanti, Between Sisters by Manu Gerosa, Summer of Giacomo [+see also:
film profile] by Alessandro Comodin, Dancing with Maria [+see also:
interview: Ivan Gergolet
film profile] by Ivan Gergolet, as well as Below Sea Level by Gianfranco Rosi. The full line-up can be found and watched here.
In addition, DAFilms is offering 40% off a yearly subscription until 30 April.
DAFilms.com is powered by Doc Alliance, which is the result of a creative partnership between seven key European documentary film festivals: CPH:DOX, Doclisboa, Millennium Docs Against Gravity FF, DOK Leipzig, FIDMarseille, Ji.hlava IDFF and Visions du Réel. The aim of the Doc Alliance initiative is to advance the documentary genre, support its diversity and continuously promote quality creative documentary films.
Did you enjoy reading this article? Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive more stories like this directly in your inbox.