TFL's Adapt Lab Participants Announced
by Vittoria Scarpa
24/04/2012 - The participants to Adapt Lab, TorinoFilmLab's new programme of book-to-film adaptations (see the news) come from Romania, Germany, Spain, France, Croatia, Greece, Sweden: all in all, 8 screenwriters and directors from 7 different European countries.
The two professional story editors who will guide them are Isabelle Fauvel (France), founder of the company specialised in adaptation consulting, Initiative Film (see the itv), and Eva Svenstedt Ward (Sweden), Script Editor and Story Consultant for the adaptation of the Millennium trilogy, based on the novels of Stieg Larsson.
List of the matched books and participants:
- "Re di bastoni, in piedi" by Francesca Battistella (Scrittura & Scritture), adapted by Raluca Durbaca (Romania)
- "Il pontile sul lago" by Marco Polillo (Rizzoli Editore - Rosaria Carpinelli Consulenze Editoriali), adapted by Lars Hubrich (Germany)
- "L’ombra del commissario Sensi" by Susanna Raule (Salani Editore), adapted by Miguel Ibáñez Monroy (Spain)
- "La legge di Fonzi" di Omar di Monopoli (Isbn Edizioni), adapted by Gaëlle Denis (France)
- "L'amore imperfetto" by Irene Di Caccamo (Nutrimenti), adapted by Matija Radeljak (Croatia)
- "Scusate la polvere" by Elvira Seminara (Edizioni Nottetempo), adapted by Elizampetta Ilia-Georgiadou (Greece)
- "La ballata delle canaglie" by Enrico Remmert (Marsilio Editori), adapted by Jakob Beckman (Sweden)
- "Palermo solo" by Philippe Fusaro (La Fosse aux Ours), adapted by Laetitia Ricklin (France/Brazil)
(Translated from Italian)